Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Unidentified Ruins


This strange building - or rather the ruins of it - stands in the city center, right next to the cyclist counter which I posted a picture of yesterday. My boyfriend isn't sure what it is either, so that means it's been in ruins for AT LEAST 4 years, but to be honest, it looks like it's been in ruins for hundreds of years or something.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Maybe it's something REALLY old; you can see it used to have a chimney in it and it's right next to the two huge churches in town, not to mention the town hall and market square in front of it. Maybe it's positioning is a clue to something...?
posted by Erin @ 7:30:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At May 15, 2007 at 9:00:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Mountainboy said…

    You can't leave us hanging like that... You HAVE to find out what it was!!!

    It has very thick and strong walls, does it look like it could have been much higher? A tower? Some kind of fortification???

    Tell me tell me tell me tell me!

     
  • At May 15, 2007 at 11:58:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Erin said…

    ^ Yes, I know, it's just as frustrating to me! But the thing is, there's no plaque or ANYTHING on it or by it. It's literally just a pile of bricks with no explanation.

    I also think it was a tower, because you can see the start of a third floor and it's so skinny, like it could've been a tower. Maybe it was an old town clock or a town watcher or something. I think someone must have lived in it, because it has (well, had) a fireplace and it has a cellar-type thing going down. It doesn't look THAT old, though, not old enough to be as old as the churches.

    Maybe the tourist office will know something about it? Or maybe the town hall people...? I promise I'll try and go find an answer from someone :) And I'll go take more pictures from different angles so you can see it in detail. It's really an interesting little building. There's nothing keeping you off it and people don't mind you going on it, so you can walk all on it and stuff.

     
  • At May 16, 2007 at 5:59:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is hard to judge without something there as a scale. A person or something. I like the photo and could speculate all day but still wouldn't know what it is.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER