Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Magasin


I'm having a much better day today - despite hearing some more bad news. Yesterday just got a bit much, because I was suffering the worst of a cold. I'm still sick today, but feeling infinitely better than yesterday so... on with the post!

This is a close up photo of a department store here called Magasin - it's not selective to Odense, though, I believe they have branches in other towns and cities in Denmark. Magasin of course means "store" in French, but I'm sure most Danes don't know that. It's just a regular over-priced department store, but I love having a browse through there on a rainy day or when I'm walking through town. I don't know why, but when I didn't live in Odense and I came here, I would go in there ALL the time. It's not even that great. I guess just because I was used to department stores and here was one that was very similar to home. I don't go in there too much anymore.

Actually, not long ago they did this "Girls Night" - which I am SO bummed about, because I didn't know you had to get tickets and I missed the deadline for buying them - where they shut down the store to only the guests, had fashion shows, a life and style coach talk with you, free hand massages from The Body Shop (who has a corner in the store) and free gift bags... things like that. I think they do it every year, though, so I will NOT miss it next year!

Thank you very much for all the kind comments on my pictures. I have had NO time to do anything but post once a day (I work 2 jobs and right now I'm sick, still having to work so...). But I really, really look forward to your comments. They really make my day!

Hope you are all having (or had) a wonderful day today :)
posted by Erin @ 10:42:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 23, 2007 at 10:42:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kalyan Panja said…

    A very well captured shot & hope you get well soon!

     
  • At May 28, 2007 at 9:36:00 AM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After a very long flight (12 hours)2 layovers and 2 hour drive from copenhagen, I am loving Odense. Found my way to city center from radisson hotel and of course looked for all the shops from your web. We ate lunch at Mamma´s deli. What a great store with yummy food and friendly people (say hello to Warner if you eat there). Toured Magnasen, found the wine shop. Can´t wait to get back home and share wine & cheese & pictures with our friends. Today being the holiday, we are walking the park´s and trails. I just can´t say enough thank you´s for all your pictures. We found it just in time before heading over the ocean. And you were right about Stosene Grene. I found some of the most wonderful gift items, home deco, baby and unique. 10 days just won't be enough time to see the city and all it's places to explore. Hope you're feeling better your telephone gets working soon. I will be refering to your web after We get back home. Jan

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER