Friday, May 4, 2007
City Hall


I've mentioned the City Hall many times before and it's always been in the side of pictures or blurred shots, so here is a nice clear shot of the City Hall in Odense. It looks pretty impressive, but it's pretty 'eh' inside. They have sometimes art exhibitions or special events in there. Like, for example, my boyfriends little sisters' school did a Christmas production there (not a nativity thing - more like singing Christmas songs while holding candles). There's some offices in there and the web cam I posted a link to yesterday sits on top of the top right corner of it. It's RIGHT smack in the middle of the city center, by the shops, the churches, the market square, the He/She statue I posted about earlier.

Here's a bit of fun trivia for you: Before I ever heard of Odense, or even Denmark (unless you know where it is, you generally don't tend to pay attention to it), I lived in a town in England called Aylesbury. It was about 25 minutes away from another town I knew about, called St. Albans, and I'd been there quite a lot. Well, it turns out, St. Albans is TWINNED with Odense and one of the reeeally old churches here is even called St. Albans church (where St. Knud was rumoured to have been killed). Hows that for freaky coincidences?
posted by Erin @ 11:51:00 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER