Monday, April 30, 2007
WW2 Bunker


Literally across the street from our house, there is a WW2 bunker. If you look closer underneath all the bushes, there's a concrete thing on the ground. That used to be the entrance but they sealed it up LONG ago. There is no way to get into it now (at least, no way the public knows of).

I just think its cool that there's this whole underground chamber right across the road from us. There's two other bunkers that I know if here in Odense (although the Danes didn't exactly NEED them during the war); one of which you can actually go into. Maybe I'll post some pictures of that one next...
posted by Erin @ 8:21:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At April 30, 2007 at 9:25:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger stromsjo said…

    We’ve got them too. They were sort of forbidden and consequently exciting when I was a kid.

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 1:11:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An interesting post. I wonder why the city doesn't open them up as a kind of tourist attraction? Maybe you could run one for the city on weekends.

    My Theme Day is of a city unto itself, with its own zip code, and a portrait of the "Peashooter" at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Hope you like flying.

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 1:57:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Erin said…

    ^ I know! That's exactly what I thought. I am dying to get into the sealed-up ones. I stuck my camera lense down there and used a flash, so I could see what was down there and there's a ton of really cool objects... some of which I have no idea what they are, but I'd love to find out.

    The one that is open IS very exciting, but it's very tiny so the excitement doesn't last too long!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER