Monday, June 11, 2007
WARNING: Do not enter!


Here is a picture of my boyfriend, Johannes, and I at a Mexican restaurant here in Odense called El Torito. NEVER go here, I repeat, NEVER. We'd been there once before and it sucked, but my little sister was in town a couple weeks ago and she loves Mexican food so we decided to go there. It was worse than before!

Last time, they only forgot to bring us things, like salad and so on. This time the entire table area/room smelt like sewage - and we were at the BACK of the room away from the toilets! We ordered some things we never received (but thankfully were not charged for) and most ridiculous of all, they wouldn't even give us an extra plate! Johannes and I were sharing a meal intended for 2 people and asked - obviously - for a spare plate, and they refused. They didn't say why, but we soon found out.

My little sister, for some reason, only wanted a salad and you can "refil" it from the salad bar as many times as you want. But only YOU, the person who is eating it/ordered it. The first time, I went up with my sister because she couldn't see any salad dressing (there wasn't ANY) and helped her with her salad... I got the WORST evils from every single member of staff in that room. As if I was trying to ham on HER salad and steal their precious lettuce away from them. Their eyes followed me all the way to the back of the room where we were sitting and stayed on me for quite a while.
Then... they ignored us. It's a quite a tiny room and we were trying to get our bill, but they refused to acknowledge us. Never have I felt so unwelcome in a restaurant in my life!

I think they are doing incredibly bad for business, which is why they were refusing to give us an extra plate (in case we "stole" salad or whatever) but the staff were so unbelievably rude and the quality of food and the atmosphere (especially the awful smell) was so unbelievably poor. I am not one to complain usually, so you know how bad this place must really be!

Hopefully they will go out of business soon and someone else will replace them, someone who runs a better restaurant. But all I have left from this is a beautiful photograph of us both, which I love :) So maybe it was worth it anyway.

posted by Erin @ 7:49:00 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER