Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Terrible News
I apologize for not posting the past couple of days; something bad has happened here in Odense (and unfortunately it's not as rare as one might think). They found a baby here in the river in Odense - it had been put in a plastic bag with a rock in it. On the rock it said, "Sorry. Rest in Peace. Mom and Dad love you, my little one..." The parents did it a few weeks ago perhaps, the police say, even a couple of months ago. It's such a horrible, horrible thing. That poor baby. And the awful thing is, there is three reported abandoned baby findings by or in the river in RECENT news; the last one happened in 1999. All the babies found all died.

I know it's not directly related to me, so it shouldn't prevent me from posting a photo, but I really don't feel like walking around Odense and taking photos today. I hope you understand.

Normal posting will commence tomorrow.
posted by Erin @ 2:20:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At June 14, 2007 at 6:18:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sorry. I am a teacher in the USA and have found Odense a peaceful, quiet city each time I visited. But, I know that a "tourist" view is not complete.

     
  • At June 22, 2007 at 9:38:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are dealing with a tradgedy here in Ohio where a 8 1/2 month pregnant woman is missing, and the police suspect foul play. It's horrible to think that someone could do that to a mother, or that someone could do that to a baby. If you can't provide care for the child, then give the child to someone else! Give the child a chance!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER