Saturday, June 23, 2007
Danish Desert


I'm pretty sure the Danes didn't invent this, in fact I know little to nothing about it except the name: jordbær tarte (strawberry tarte). I kind of associate it with Denmark, because I tried it for the first time over here but I had heard of it before I came to DK. This particular one was extra good; we got it from the bakery just down the road. Very expensive (about 5.60 GBP / 56 DKK) but well worth it. I thought I would post a picture to entice you all to treat yourselves with something yummy today!

What are the bakeries like in your city? Do you frequent them often? It's a very large part of the culture here still.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to include this part - the 56 kroner is for the ENTIRE cake not just that one little slice! Also 56 kroner is about $10 (US dollars).
posted by Erin @ 11:15:00 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER