Sunday, September 2, 2007
Born Again!


My apologies for the 2 month hiatus. First I went on a - as I said - MUCH needed holiday in the south of France (my father has a house near Perpignan) and then I was on a hasty apartment search after a bit of a sticky situation at my last residence.

Now all settled into my new apartment, which is just on the outskirts of Odense city center (still in Odense, just not in the heart of the city as I was before), I'll be posting a completely different perspective of Odense.

People in Odense fear coming to where I live now (it's called Vollsmose), because a lot of Muslims live here and people on social benefit. I was always told, from native Danes, with a passing hand gesture and a grimace that this is where all the... other people live.

Instead I have found I am much more happier here than I ever was in the city center. For one, everything is a LOT cheaper and there's a shopping mall right around the corner - two, in fact, the second one being a bit of a bike ride.
Residents smile at me and talk to us whenever we go out of the apartment - hardly the rough lot which was described to me. I never got so much as a glance when I lived in the city center. But that's just my experience. I hope it doesn't put you off coming to visit Odense if you ever plan to - Danes are extremely friendly to tourists.

But anyway, this post was just an update on where I am 'taking' this blog. I'm starting with a picture of my now-5-month-old puppy, Peanut, and my two guinea pigs settling into their new home :)

I hope you are still reading, DP people!
posted by Erin @ 9:42:00 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A daily photo from Odense, Denmark - the third largest city in DK! Situated on the island of Funen.
About Me

Name: Erin
Home: Odense, Funen, Denmark
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Name :
Web URL :
Message :

Other Daily Photo Blogs
Powered by

hit counter account login
BLOGGER